Verne is a custom mechanical keyboard with an elegant and uncluttered design, from the internal components to the case itself.
Powered by a custom WT80-A PCB designed by Wilba, with a beautiful dark blue solder mask and artwork from the GMK Nautilus keycap set, Verne is fully programmable via QMK and VIA Configurator. In addition to the WT80-A, Verne has an USB-C extension PCB that allow better placement of the USB-C connector by mounting it low, in parallel with your desk surface.
The keyboard has a top-mounted brass plate with a fixed TKL layout, where 0.25U gaps separate the function row and navigation cluster from the 60% area. Having a fixed plate grants a tight fit on all switches and a clean look when the switches are in place, as all of the exposed plate holes are used.
Once assembled, Verne weighs around 2.5 kg (5.3 lbs), a perfect spot where it is hefty enough that moving it by accident is hard, but you can still pick it up and adjust its position easily.
Two layout configurations will be available:
- Verne Modern: the standard American layout, with a 6.25U spacebar and seven 1.25U modifier keys on its bottom row.
- Verne Classic: a symmetric bottom row, with a 7.00U spacebar and two 1.50U modifiers and a 1.00U modifier on each side; as well as a stepped Caps Lock key.
An elegant all purpose dark grey case, perfect for keycap sets such as Carbon, Chocolatier, Oblivion, OG Cherry Sets, or Serika.
Designed for blue sets such as Calm Depths, Laser, Nautilus, Penumbra, Samurai Blue, Space Cadet, Solarized Dark, or Yuri.
A vibrant, striking red that will bring sets like Jamón, Burgundy, Led Zep, or Metaverse to the next level.
- 6 degree slope.
- Top mounted sand-blasted brass plate. Fixed layout.
- WT80-A Verne and WT-USB-C extension PCBs designed by Wilba. Programmable via QMK and VIA configurator.
- Weight: 2.5 kg (5.3 lbs).
Included With Verne
- Bottom Piece.
- Sandblasted brass plate.
- WT80-A Verne PCB.
- WT-USB-C Verne PCB.
- WT80-A to WT-USB-C cable.
- Screws and bumpons.
Note: this is a DIY kit. Assembly, keycaps, switches, stabilizers and USB-C cable are not included.
Pricing, Available Units, and Shipping
- Pricing: to be announced.
- Available Units: between 30 and 35. Raffle sale.
- Shipping: keyboards will be shipped from Spain. Tracked and insured.
Interest Check Form
Links of Interest
Learn More About Wilba: wilba.tech
GMK Chocolatier Group Buy: Project Page